Canada boasts a wide range of quality educational institutions for both degrees and diplomas in technical and professional disciplines. Over 1,300,000 international students attend Canadian colleges and universities. Canada holds high international reputation for educational standard. The cost of living in Canada is lower than countries like Australia, England or the United States. Canada also offers post study work options to the eligible applicants.
  • Canadian universities are known for being consistently high quality and for offering internationally accepted degrees and credentials; some are ranked in the top 100 by reputable sources as The Times Higher Education Supplement and Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
  • Over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs are offered at more than 100 institutions nationwide—and, tuition is generally much lower than in other leading study abroad countries. Students can pursue their studies at one of Canada’s top universities for roughly half of what it would cost to attend an equally reputable program at a private US university.
  • International students can expect to be assisted in their university studies by such resources and services as orientation sessions, support programs, academic advising, prayer rooms, safe walk programs, student clubs, and assistance with medical concerns or housing issues.
  • International students can often work while they study, taking advantage of many cooperative education and internship opportunities. There are also immigration programs that international students may qualify for post-graduation.
  • The high quality of Canadian university education is further enabled by membership in the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and provincial government charters.
  • Education in Canada consists of elementary and secondary education, language schools, college system and universities.
Proof of financial support that shows you will have enough money during your stay in Canada to cover tuition fees, return transportation and $10,000 CDN per annum for living expenses (additional funds may be required if there are other family members accompanying you). Documentation for this requirement could be proof of a Canadian bank account or a bank draft in convertible currency, bank statements for the past four to six months, or proof of payment of tuition and residence fees. (As a guideline, $10,000 CDN plus to tuition fees per academic year are generally viewed as sufficient.)
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary Depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, please Contact us for details of each University requirements.

  • Schools – Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be Studying in. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
  • College System – In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
  • Higher Education Undergraduate – Theentry requirements for undergraduate programmed are still predominantly based on completed secondary education studies equivalent to Australia Senior High school level.
  • Higher Education Postgraduate – As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at undergraduate Level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.
English language – Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study. For admission to aCanadian Institution program, international applicants from non-English speaking backgrounds are expected to be proficient in English, as demonstrated by:

  • Passing an approved test or
  • Completing an Academic English program or
  • Meeting an approved alternative requirement

The following English tests are accepted by Australian Institutions:

  • IELTS – Academic
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
  • Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – PT and iBT
  • University of Cambridge – ESOL Examinations for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CEP) or the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)

1. Vocational Education and Training (VET)

  • Minimum of 5.5 overall in IELTS and minimum 5.0 in each subtest

2. Undergraduate

  • Minimum of 6.5 overall in IELTS with minimum 6.0 in each subtest. Some courses like Teaching and Nursing require higher scores of Minimum of 7.0 overall in IELTS with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest

3. Post Graduate

  • Depending on the institution ,the minimum requirement is 7.0 overall in IELTS with minimum of 6.0 in each subtest.

Can I work part time while studying in Canada?

Yes you can work part time while study in Canada but it depends on your eligibility .
You can work either work on campus or off campus.
There are also options for the spouses of international to work in Canada if desired.

Who can sponsor me to study in Canada?

You can sponsor yourself or be sponsored by parents, spouse and family members provided you can prove the relationship with the family member. Your employer can also sponsor you.

Would I be eligible for Post Graduation Work Permit in Canada after my studies?

The Post Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) give students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution the opportunity to gain valuable Canadian work experience. The length of your work permit will depend on the length of your study period, to a maximum of three years. This may even lead to securing permanent residence provided that you are a skilled worker employed in certain sectors.

How much do I need to show in my bank account in order to be granted my study permit?

You must prove that you can support yourself and your accompanying dependants while you are in Canada. Evidence can include the following:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

How long does it take to be issued a study permit?

Processing times vary. It depends on the type of application you submit, and where it is processed. CIC lists processing times for applications submitted inside and outside Canada. CIC updates this section regularly, so visit often to get the latest details.

When can I commence my studies in Canada?

International students are expected to start planning for their studies in Canada 1 year in advance. The major intake for Canada primarily is ‘Fall’ i.e September. The other intake is in the month of ‘Winter’ i.e. January, but it depends on the students program and the institution that he/she is applying to. Very few institutes might have the May intake as well.

Would I be required to show my level of English?

If you are applying for an undergraduate programme it is likely you will need to take a recognised English Language test. For postgraduate studies, it is unlikely that you will be required to write English language proficiency test provided your first degree was taught in English language. The required level will vary from institution to instiution and you would need to make sure you know what the requirements are when you apply.

Can I get scholarships to take care of my tuition fees and living cost?

Scholarships and awards for international students are available at some Canadian institutions. These will be limited and awarded on a competitive level, for students with exceptional results. The amount and type of award will vary.
Other bodies and organisations often offer scholarships too. Again, they will look for strong grades and all round achievement. Here are some examples:

  • Scholarships for International Students for Study in Canada
  • Scholarships for International Students for Research in Canada
  • Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships

Can I travel with my family to Canada?

There is an option for you to bring your dependants and family members with you to Canada when you study. You would need to show that you will be able to support them financially during their period in Canada and apply for a separate visa for each dependant.

Would I be interviewed by the embassy when I am applying for my visa?

You will not normally be interviewed by the embassy when applying for your study permit. However, if the visa officer found a reason for you to be interviewed you may be called up to come to their office for interview but this is not a common occurrence.

Will I be required to pay my complete tuition fees before my visa is issued?

Some institution may require that you pay part of your tuition fees before the final acceptance letter is released to you, however this varies from one instutuion to another. Note that the visa officer in charge of your visa application may deem it necessary for you to make the full payment and it will be assessed on a case by case basis.

Abbotsford School District
Acadia University
Algonquin College
Brooklyn College
Cambrian College of Applied Art and Technology
Camosun College
Canadian College of English Language (CCEL)
Canadore College
Capilano University
Carleton University
Centennial College
Columbia College
Columbia International College
Conestoga College
Confederation College
Dalhousie University
Durham College
East Coast School of Languages (ECSL)
EC Language Centres
Emily Carr University of Art And Design
Fanshawe College
Fleming College
Fraser International College (FIC)
George Brown College
Georgian College
Humber College
International College of Manitoba (ICM)
Kaplan PLI
King George International College
Kings University College at Western University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Laurentian University
Loyalist College
Mount Royal University
Niagara College
Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
Queen’s University
Red River College
Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST)
Selkirk College
Sheridan College
St. Francis Xavier University
The High School at Vancouver Island University
Thompson Rivers University
Trent University
Trinity Western University
University of Guelph
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
University of Prince Edward Island
University of Saskatchewan
University of Victoria – English Language Centre
University of Waterloo
Vancouver Island University